Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Happy Dance Week!

Hi all! Happy Dance Week! Are you celebrating somehow? Free classes or performances or special events? Comment and let us know what events you have planned and how they work out for you. In future years, would a more concerted effort to promote dance week through DanceATL be appreciated?

It seems that folks are postponing the celebration till the end of next week instead, when there are numerous performances going on around town. Great to see the dance season here expanding into May! Take a look at the calendar at danceatl.org and you'll see we've pretty much got things through the whole month. June starts to slow down and there is only one performance currently (with another one cooking, but more on that later) in July. August is too far out to know really (unless you do know you have something then, in which case, please send it to us!) before we jump into the 2011-12 season.

I haven't posted in quite a while, I apologize, but as always, I've been busy busy. I think I'll address a couple of housekeeping things for DanceATL in this post and save the updates on publications/coverage to the following post, which probably won't happen tonight.

We're trying to take the dance table around still, but it's getting really really low on materials, guys! I know it's the end of the season, but as I just mentioned, there are still a bunch of things coming up and we'd love to be able to help you get that word out about your events or even just your existence until next season.

As we look to future DanceATL meetings, I was wondering how the time of afternoon on Sundays is working for you all? It works pretty well for me, so I don't foresee changing it any time soon (because, you know, it's all about my schedule. :P) I was curious if the earlier afternoon that we've switched to for the last couple has worked as well as or better than the later evening time slot on Sundays. I feel like the earlier afternoon time fits the tone of the meeting now that we're usually in dance studios instead of a party venue (we started at Park Tavern.)

No comments:

Post a Comment