Sunday, January 24, 2010

DanceATL update

So the good news for DanceATL: I have spoken via conference call to the project class at the Art Institute of Atlanta Decatur who are going to be designing the DanceATL website and I look forward to meeting them in person on Tuesday to discuss more specifics. I also met with my intern from Emory who will be getting started on Wed. this week. Be on the look out for an email or a call from her. She'll be letting you know about DanceATL (but if you read this, then you already know...) and asking for dance table flyers and images and other content we can use (with proper credit of course) for the new website.
I'll also let you guys know once we have a meeting place set (haven't heard back on that one yet) if it'll happen in Feb. or no. There was a suggestion to focus the conversation at the first meeting on collaboration, what it means as a choreographer/artist and administratively as an arts organization/artist. It sounded interesting to me. What do you think? Do you have any other thoughts on good topics for future monthly meetings for DanceATL?

As for other dance-related events coming up, there is a symposium at Emory about arts criticism. Look in the events in Feb.at the Creativity & Arts website for more info.

And next Thursday the Fulton County Arts Council is holding another Peer to Peer Dialogue:Dance. They had said they weren't doing more, but decided they could after all. If you'd like to go, you can contact me and I'll get you in touch with FCAC about it (I don't know if they want me publicizing all the details.)

No comments:

Post a Comment