Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cedar Lake preview

Creative Loafing has brought Blake Beckham on as a contributing writer covering dance! Here's her preview for Cedar Lake Contemporary Ballet that opens tonight for its sold-out run at Emory's Schwartz Center. For a while there all I heard was the news that someone else who had covered dance was gone. The only articles were the occasional ones assigned to writers from other arts disciplines. Then Cynthia joined us when Pierre Ruhe and Catherine Fox created ArtsCriticATL.com. And now we have two! It's exciting that we have more dance coverage in town, not less, yet again! So thank you to Creative Loafing and to Blake. And if you want to talk about arts criticism, I think I already mentioned it but Emory is hosting a symposium "The Future of Arts Criticism." Blake will be on the panel along with a bunch of other cool folks.

And I'm not going to make it to see Cedar Lake (as I don't most things lately at bedtime...my daughter wouldn't go to sleep the other night with while she was with my sister during the DanceATL event...we just can't do that often because tired babies are cranky, get sick babies!) So those of you who have seats (or floor cushions) enjoy and feel free to share thoughts about the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment