Friday, February 5, 2010

Cinderella interview

From ArtsCriticATL's Cynthia Bond Perry, here's an interview with one of Atlanta Ballet's Cinderellas, Tara Lee, about dancing the role. I was a corps member in Cinderella as a student long, long ago. I really like the Prokofiev music for this, though I think it's very difficult to choreograph parts of it (the "comic" parts of anything are always even harder to get right than the serious!) And apparently it's pretty difficult to play--we had an orchestra when we toured it to a smaller city that had a pretty rough time of some sections. (ouch!) I saw a production in Moscow by a smaller ballet company whose name I don't even remember (Bolshoi was off for the summer when I was there.) It may have also been a student company, though the leads were pretty amazing. Anyhow, enough reminiscing. I'm not sure if I can make it to this production (evenings are still pretty hard to do anything with the little one needing to be in bed by 8 and I think hubby can't keep her for an afternoon.) But I hope all you ATL dance folks enjoy it (performing and watching!)

No comments:

Post a Comment